Sunday, July 19, 2009

Running away

Every time you slip away from my grasp
I look ahead of myself
and realise you were, in fact, never there
to begin with.
You had begun running
long before even slowing down.

You’re like the tip of the arrow,
forever hurtling towards the distance,
and I’m its tail,
forever chasing.

I sometimes wonder
if it’s me
who’s too slow,
or you
who’s too fast.

But beware
of the deceptive pleasures of running away,
for when the time comes
when I can’t keep up anymore
and fall behind
to gradually disappear in the distance,
dear,
you may have nothing left to run away from.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chase will end sooner or later.

Dheeraj said...

Well, maybe it will, maybe it won't. But then, that's beside the point, isn't it?

Ambar Deep said...

nicely written...

Devakara said...

I have been following ur blog since long...
I liked the enigma which readers are left in abt 'who'..

(BTW- im friend of puTaan's friend)